Electronic Medical Records are a major component of the healthcare industry. An electronic health record (EHR) is a digital version of a patient’s paper chart.
With an Information System for Electronic Medical Records, you can save time and make your work more efficient. These systems are easy-to-use, intuitive, and efficient. Also, most of the information systems are easy to set up.
The information systems are trying to make the job as easy as possible for doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to access patient records in order to provide better care. They also help you keep track of your own personal health history as well.
Everything feels fluid and natural on an information system and you can switch between pages easily and look at medical documents like x-rays reports digitally. All of this will make the job easier and the people concerned with the job, more productive
Some of the top information systems used for electronic medical records are
- Epic Systems Corporation’s information system is one of the most popular information systems for electronic medical record maintenance used by hospitals to keep records of 28.21% of the total patients.
- Allscripts’ information system is also very popular between hospitals and is the second most used information system for electronic medical record-keeping with the data of 9.21% of all the patients.
- Another information system that is widely used around the hospitals is eClinicalWorks, LLC. It is used for keeping the electronic medical record of 6.57% of the total patients.
- athenahealth, Inc’s information software is starting-out right now but is gaining popularity very fast and is currently maintaining 6.03% of the total patient records.
- NextGen Healthcare has an information system as well to keep the electronic medical records of patients and is currently keeping 5.37% of the total patient records.
The goal should be to update the information systems for keeping the medical record of the patient that can be accessed through just the name of the person so that in case of any emergency, you can check for the person’s medical history even if the person is unconscious.