Yahoo! offers several services for free. A user just have to create an account to avail of email, instant messaging, and other services. The account is locked by the user’s ID and password. This is to protect the user’s personal information and account.
Passwords often contain significant words or characters so the users can easily remember them. Some use a sequence of random characters for maximum security. In any case, passwords can be forgotten. Yahoo! has specific methods for resetting your password online.
Online Password Resetting
- Visit the Yahoo! homepage. Look for the Sign In button and click it. The button is usually found at the upper right side of the page.
- You will be led to a page where you are supposed to enter your username and your password. Since you forgot your password, click “Forget your ID or password?”
- You will be led through a verification process. First, click the circle beside “Yes, my Yahoo! ID is”. Enter your Yahoo! ID in the field beside the “Do you know your Yahoo! ID?” text located below the clicked circle.
- Below the text box, you will see a distorted but readable code. Type the code on the text box below it. This is done to ensure that you are a real human being instead of a spammer.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- You will be asked to answer a personal question correctly. This question is the one which you chose to be your “security question” when you first registered in Yahoo. If you answer it right, your password will be given to you and you will be given the option to reset it if you want to.
You can also recover your password by logging in to the Yahoo! Sign In Problems page.
Some browsers also allow you to store your password. Internet Explorer stores this information in Microsoft Protected Storage. You can access this storage system by clicking on the Tools link. Choose the Internet Options option then click Content then AutoComplete.
Viewing the protected storage may not be an easy task. There may be some security measures you were not informed about when you installed Internet Explorer. Some programs are able to help you access it by bypassing a few procedures.