RM which is the abbreviation for real media, is a streaming media file format that was invented first by Real Networks Company who is also the maker of Real Audio, Real Video and Real Flash. RM formats main feature is that, different compression ratios can be made according to the data transfer rate of the network. RM file extensions are ‘.rm’ and this format is most often used in conjunction with Real Video and Real Audio. It is also widely used for streaming content over the internet. On the other hand, the MP3 format is a compression system for music. It helps to reduce the number of bytes in a song without noticeably affecting the quality of the song’s sound. The MP3 format file, with similar sound quality, can cave disk storage space when compared with some other audio file formats. To play a RM file, a real player or a special newly developed player is usually needed, since ordinary players do not support RM files. However, MP3 audio file format is widely supported by media players, so for those wanting to keep the audio part of an RM file only, it is useful to draw the audio data from the RM file, and retain it as an audio file format that can be easy to play.
Things you will need
- RM to MP3 converter
- Windows OS
- Visit free-codecs.com and download the free RM to MP3 converter.
- Install the RM to Mp3 converter software on your computer.
- After installation, run the software and then click ‘add files.’
- Browse your computer directory, find the file or files and then click ‘open.’
- Change the conversion settings to your liking.
- Click the ‘start’ button.
- Remember to read the instructions included with the software before using it. This will guarantee no unwarranted errors are made while converting.